Pegasus Mail support has ceased

KLB

You can date old timers by the fact if they have used or still use Pegasus Mail by David Harris. I'm one of those old timers and have been using Pmail as it is called for short for around a dozen years now. I went to the official website today and much to my dismay, I discovered financial difficulties have finally killed off Pegasus Mail.

This is such a sad day. :-(

I now have a dozen years of email built up that needs to be migrated to something else and never have I seen an email client that handled spam any better than Pmail. Deep down I knew this day would eventually come, but this is like the death of an old friend.

I wonder if there are any migration tools to help one migrate from Pmail to Thunderbird?:confused:

For those who do not know what Pegasus Mail is, it was one of the early trailblazing email clients. In fact many of the features people take for granted today (e.g. spam filtering) were pioneered by Pegasus Mail.

All good things must come to an end.

RIP Pegasus Mail, you were ahead of your time.

People can read the official announcement on Pegasus Mail's official website: http://pmail.com/