Fraud? or too much pressure...

Guest rkdghals

Guest rkdghals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Woo_Suk

There is great speculation over the growing evidence that Hwang woo suk, the South Korean biomedical scientist who admitted to fraud, had only done so under pressure from the American scientist, Prof. Schatten. It is believed that Prof. Schatten wanted credit for the breakthrough and hence pressured Prof. Hwang into admitting something which he did not do. There are several websites (relativley reliable) however they are in korean so I didn't post them up (ask me and i wil post it up.) What are your thoughts on this issue? Has it happened before? I personally don't believe there is enough evidence as of yet, but I do have a rather severe case of skepticism towards corruption in bodies of great power and position..comments please..

How could one pressure a person into admitting to a 'crime' in such a puiblic and humiliating way if that person did nothing wrong? What kind of pressure would that take? Was Prof. Schatten holding Hwang woo suk's family hostage or something?