War between Physicists and Chemists!

Dreamer

my bet would be with the chemists (but then again, I`m a little Biased).

since everything the Physics lads use are composed of chemicals the YT Bigs It UP for the Chemists! YAY!!!!! :))

(and I totaly ignored the fact that it`s a pretty pointless question, aren`t I good! :))

YT2095 said in post #4 :

my bet would be with the chemists (but then again, I`m a little Biased).

since everything the Physics lads use are composed of chemicals the YT Bigs It UP for the Chemists! YAY!!!!! :))

(and I totaly ignored the fact that it`s a pretty pointless question, aren`t I good! :))

If we look at it that way, the chemists wouldn't do too well without any physical laws. They'd all float off into space as an expanding cloud of elementary particles.

LuTze said in post #7 :

The Physicists make themselves a nice implosion nuke, and Chemists bring along a truckload of VX.

It just comes down to who can throw the furthest :)

Who cares about throwing? One rail gun should suffice. You can power it with a nuclear reactor, while the chemists will still be using coal.

"If we look at it that way, the chemists wouldn't do too well without any physical laws. They'd all float off into space as an expanding cloud of elementary particles. "

I agree totaly, as the 2 go hand in hand, BUT,,, I did state from the outset that I was somewhat Biased :)

YT2095 pays the Cheerleaders, Go to it Girls! :)

Go Chemists!

Go Chemists!

Go Chemists!

RA RA RA :)

MrL_JaKiri said in post #12 :

It wouldn't be very efficient, because they'd only be able to develop better kinds of fuel, rather than better kinds of engine.

It'd do the job though - and do it while you're still building you're giant rail gun, commisioning nuclear reactors, getting permits, dealing with protestors and so on :)

LuTze said in post #14 :

It'd do the job though - and do it while you're still building you're giant rail gun, commisioning nuclear reactors, getting permits, dealing with protestors and so on :)

Up until then there's always good old fashioned nuclear deterrent.

That tends to be a railgun similar to the one the cambridge engineering department have on open days; it deals with solid projectiles of magnetic elements, rather than clumps of charged particles.

It also isn't very long (6m for a particle accelerator is nothing).

etc etc etc.

screw that, the last time I ran a rail gun, I wiped out 3 monitors (one blew a week and 2 days later). and the capacitor that ruptured took out the side of my favorite workbench (solid Oak, circa 1956).

so I`m non to pleased with doing that again!