I think I am Confused.

foodchain

Hi, I have a primitive understanding of physics overall though of course I am interested in what it studies. I have a couple questions I was wondering if people here could clear up for me simply because I think I am just confused on what is being said really.

What is the relationship between the laws of conservation such as mass and energy and how a black hole functions. I have read up on Stephan Hawkins’s and I was just wondering if his idea as originally put forth would break such laws.

Also, when viewing atomic structure and related properties I came to wonder it time and energy(no specific form) have any relationship overall.

Hi, I have a primitive understanding of physics overall though of course I am interested in what it studies. I have a couple questions I was wondering if people here could clear up for me simply because I think I am just confused on what is being said really.

What is the relationship between the laws of conservation such as mass and energy and how a black hole functions. I have read up on Stephan Hawkins’s and I was just wondering if his idea as originally put forth would break such laws.

Also, when viewing atomic structure and related properties I came to wonder it time and energy(no specific form) have any relationship overall.

Amss is not a conserved quantity, since it is a form of energy, and can be converted into other forms. Black holes do not violate conservation of energy.

Energy and time are conjugate variables in quantum mechanics, but that's advanced stuff. Basically you cannot determine both to arbitrary accuracy and precision simultaneously (Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle).

Amss is not a conserved quantity, since it is a form of energy, and can be converted into other forms. Black holes do not violate conservation of energy.

Energy and time are conjugate variables in quantum mechanics, but that's advanced stuff. Basically you cannot determine both to arbitrary accuracy and precision simultaneously (Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle).

About the black hole part. My wondering if it breaks conservation of mass or energy was respective overall to wondering about the big crunch idea. That the big bang and the big crunch could be a cycle, which made some sense to me from those laws of conservation really. If black holes worked as Stephan Hawking described though I don’t see how such a cycle could have ever repeated, at least not without losing considerable amounts of itself on a regular basis. I know black holes right now are in a more theoretical state of existence but we do have some pretty strong evidence to show existence of such entities, but the put forward explanation of function seems to boggle my tiny mind a bit:D

Thank you for the energy and time relation explanation. I was going from general relativity and moreover I was just thinking if studying time could be made indirectly via energy simply because to date I don’t know if time is its own tangible physical variable such as a form of energy like light.