1000 lumen LED

bascule

Somebody read my mind -- I was just about to start a thread on compact fluorescent light bulbs. I read over at SciAm that swapping one 75-watt lightbulb for a compact fluorescent saves 55 pounds of CO2 per year (source). Not to mention the personal savings and the convenience of not having to change bulbs as often (one of my personal pet peeves -- we have high vaulted ceilings, and I'm tired of dragging a ladder around my house every couple of weeks!).

I've just ordered a stack of these to try out around the house, and I'm just curious if anybody else here has tried these things out. There was a big news story last week about manufacturers considering actually phasing out incandescents over the next few years -- quite a shocker!

In the UK energy companies provide houseing associations (people who provide social housing) with compact fluorescent for their refirbished buildings and communinal areas. And we've had them in my house for a while now for a while, no real problems just when they get old they take a bit of time to get up to brightness.

The LED's will be far snazzier :D