The Extent of Fat

foodchain

fat the chemical, yes. body fat, no.

body fat is a bunch of cells that don't do much other than store fat chemicals and convert them into enrgy when needed.

Right, I just remember a little picture in one of my books that showed a fat deposit inside a cell, I don’t know what cell it was. Plus after some reading on the subject which did not help me as to understand exactly if the cell is getting fat, or as you said simply the chemical fat:confused: can get inside the cell and even lead to death of the cell, which in various places can cause health problems such as in the liver for instance, but such was sort of dependent on the type of fat.

Some part of getting in shape always lead me to believe that even on a cellular level your body gets into better shape which improves metabolism or something, so basically I am trying to reference that with the ability for a cell to suffer from individual fat, which leads to possibly why entire organs such as can break down, akin to what happens during and after a heart attack.

Actually, fat that is stored in a fat cell does little harm to the human body. it is the 'overflow' that causes harm. That is, fats that enter the blood. These lead to cholesterol build up. There are two kinds of cholesterol - low density lipoprotein (low = lousy) which builds up inside arteries; and high density lipoprotein (high = healthy) which acts as an aid to transporting the 'bad' cholesterol to the liver for reprocessing.

The nice thing, is that one of the most potent ways of increasing your 'good' cholesterol is a couple of glasses of wine each day. Too much is not recommended.

Actually, fat that is stored in a fat cell does little harm to the human body. it is the 'overflow' that causes harm. That is, fats that enter the blood. These lead to cholesterol build up. There are two kinds of cholesterol - low density lipoprotein (low = lousy) which builds up inside arteries; and high density lipoprotein (high = healthy) which acts as an aid to transporting the 'bad' cholesterol to the liver for reprocessing.

The nice thing, is that one of the most potent ways of increasing your 'good' cholesterol is a couple of glasses of wine each day. Too much is not recommended.

I think people are getting confused about what I am trying to talk about, here is a snip from an article about it I think with a link to that article.

"Cells have a lot of mechanisms for incorporating fatty acids into storage forms, for metabolizing them or for using them in cellular membranes," Schaffer says. "But saturated fats like palmitate are poorly stored in the tiny fat droplets normally found in most cells and therefore are more likely to enter into pathways that lead to cell death such as the one in which EF1A-1 is involved."

http://mednews.wustl.edu/news/page/normal/6398.html