Imagineing the tenth dimension :¬O

alan2here

I watched the animation. I did find it very enlightening and also quite challenging though I don't think it's an accepted theory. I mean, we have ideas for what a fourth space dimension would be anyway and the animation doesn't include that. But it does give interesting ways of thinking about it.

I don't, however, really consider the dimensions it talks of as space dimensions.

I agree with Gypsy Cake, it does provide an interesting view on the different dimentions.

But you have to remember that a lot of the stuff related to higher dimentions is at this stage only a theoretical idea. Many people believe that humans, as 3D beings, might be limited to how many dimentions they can understand. So we might never trully understand any of it. :(

I only ever thought there were 9 dimensions anyway?

3d Past (where you moved From)

3d Present (what you`re moving in Now)

3d Future (where you`re moving Into).

is this like some kinda race to see who can come up with the most Dimensions or something?

I only ever thought there were 9 dimensions anyway?

3d Past (where you moved From)

3d Present (what you`re moving in Now)

3d Future (where you`re moving Into).

The nine dimensions you've stated are actually just four: the three space one's, and past, present, and future are represented by time.

Although that video has know scientific support, it claims that if they were the the correct dimensions then there could only be ten...no more.

Interested to know what people think the dimensions above the fourth are...

ty Phi :¬)

I can't express enough how total wrong I think that statement is in principal in whatever context it is used.

By saying that we might never be able to understand it, i am refering to whether the complexity of higher dimentions can be understood by the human brain. Taking a quote from The Elegant Universe, "No matter how hard you try, you can't teach physics to a dog." Maybe we are the same with higher dimentions