Hours of darkness while flying

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

Hi, as you will be able to tell from my question I am not a science mind but would appreciate some help from those of you who are.:D

I am flying from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile in December. I will be leaving Sydney at 10am, flying east across the Pacific Ocean and landing in Santiago at 1pm on the same date. The flight is 24 hours long. How many hours of darkness will I encounter?:confused:

Please post only once.

That all depends on the exact date of your flight. As different days have different amounts of sunlight, and you'd have to match this with your flight to work out when you move into our out of darkness. As the light/dark lines are moving it's not very simple to work out...

Homework problems should be identified as such. This looks suspicious. I think I speak for most regulars when I say we like to help, but not if we think we're being lied to. If it's not homework, I apologize, and agree with Klaynos that the question can't be answered without knowing the date.