Need desperate help!

ChemSiddiqui

Hi, well i have been writing at the chemistry section as well as the experiment sections but i have not recieved a single reply. Now this is really frustrating( i am sorry but i need to express my feeling here, but i have exams in a fortnight and i only sit on the internet just to check whether there are any replies to my problem!). Well, i think its better to digest my anger and try on this section because i was told to get quick replies this is the best place.

MY QUESTION:

" How do you prepare a solution of any substance if given to prepare X mol dm-3 solution. For example, if we are given hydrogen peroxide, then how will we prepare a 1.00 mol dm-3 solution of it. Then using the solution we just prepared how will we prepare a 0.5 mol dm-3 and etc"

I would sincerely appreciate any help!

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I think the reason you may not be getting a lot of answers is that this type of problem is a concept that is probably already explained in your textbook, and/or by your teacher, if this is for a class, which I'm assuming it is. Also, doing a google search for molarity or concentration chemistry problems will provide plenty of web pages that describe how to do these problems. This is something you should be able to handle yourself, and not just sit and wait for others to solve for you.

No, i did not sound harsh and i feel you are right in saying that i need to do it my self but you see, here due to exams in about a fortnight away and i did not mention that i am in a college which are short of appratus so i was sent to another institution to prepare for my practicals and they think that we have been things that you do in lab as usual, but we were not. I must say that i shoud have told about this earlier. Anyway, i did ask for proper links to that if no one wants to answer me( understandibly so because i understand the intention).

ok, thank for any help, however i think i'd ask this question. If we are given 25 ml of hydrogen peroxide of 1.00 M, then when we have to reduce the concentration to 0.5 M, can we use this formula

C1V1 = C2V2

Anyway, thanks for your answers and replies