Tennents, Buckfast & the only true hangover cure

-Demosthenes-

it`s a beer that`s borderline by deffinition a wine, it`s fortified with extra alc, much in the same way that sherry is.

and yes the Scots are very Moderate drinkers (at any given opportunity) like morning time or night time even ;-p

I think you're talking about Buckfast - thats classified as a fortified wine because its a) horrible b) all chemicals c) horrible d) claims to be from the abbey of benedictine monks e) horrible.

Tennents is just straight forward lager.

I don`t see why they gotto do that with ANY brew tbh, let it ferment to what it should, and if ya want it stronger, add some vodka! LOL

there`s a Russian drink and I don`t advise anyone to try it. it`s called "Ersh" it`s like beer and vodka mixed, even a small amount you will wake up next day feeling BAD!

not a wise choice of drink!

Honestly, try it. i think it has something to do with the high sugar content, im not a biologist so have no idea what the actual reason is. But thats one of its main clames to fame as a soft drink - it cures hangovers.

Also, for a good few years it was the only soft drink anywhere in the world that outsold coca-cola in a country. As well as being orange and delicous of course.

I was wondering how o/t it would go before someone moved it.

Irn Bru has its own place in Scotland's history. Its been around since before the war and is stil, I believe, owned by a Scottish company. It is very high in caffeine, sugar and has a bright orange colour. The slogan 'made from girders' comes from the fact wokers in Scotland's heavy industry drank it with their fish suppers - things like shipbuilding, locomotive construction, steel production etc.

I can vouch for its hangover curing abilities - no other soft drink im aware of can do this. As I said, for years it was the only soft drink in any part of the world that outsold Coke and anyway, its tasty tasty.

I have a pal who also swears by it, never paid much heed to his hungover gibberings to be honest. I believe him to be brainwashed by the scottish cults while at university. He went to study chemistry and came back an engineer with an iron bru complex.

Suspicious.