Time travel...

Here's something that perplexes me...

When we speak of time travel as a possibility, we always arrive at the paradox that if you met yourself in the past or in the future, then your path through time would then have changed, blah blah blah.... it can really make your brain hurt. But...

Doesn't that violate all of our conservation laws? In fact, it doesn't really make any sense at all to think of time travel in that way. If you could travel through time and take yourself to another point, what's the guarantee that anything or anyone will be there? Aren't we all in this time? How can there be infinite GalaxyBlurs at infinite points in time?

Now, I tend to think that Time is just a construct invented by man to connect events with each other, and although useful, is not a feature of the universe, per se.

But still, if Time is something we travel through just as we do in space, I see guys like Stephen Hawking talking about Time Travel and wonder, "Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?" Or have they....

Comments please!

"Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?" Or have they....

Yes, they have.

Absolutely EVERY question in this thread has been extensively discussed before on the forums, in various threads.

To the search tool with you!

(Closed because it will just turn into pages and pages of rubbish, with a handful of posts that have any merit, and we already have a dozen threads like that.)