1. 1. Who would win out in a battle?

• Star Trek
    • Star Wars
    • Asimov's Foundation
    • Gundams
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Babylon 5
    • Other (please specify)

Who do you think would kick ass if there was a battle between various science fiction universes?

The six choices are Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Asimov's Foundation Universe, Gundam's, or Babylon 5?

Personally, I would say that Star Wars would win because, though their weapons are a bit clumsy, they are varied and pack a lot of power. Also, they do have speed and good defensive capability.

Personally, I would say that Star Wars would win because, though their weapons are a bit clumsy, they are varied and pack a lot of power. Also, they do have speed and good defensive capability.

Against the Borg and the Shadows I am not sure that the Alliance or the Empire have anything to show off with.

LOL, against the Borg would be interesting! up until about half way in then it would be decidedly predictable, but can you imagine them meeting Vader?

the utter Confusion!

State you`re designation...

Vader: I am lord Vader of Sith...

you have been assimilated already, state your designation.

Vader: I belong to the Dark side, and no I haven`t

our data shows no "dark side" and our scans show that you`ve been assimilated.

Vader: Are you suckers on Drugs!

Against the Borg and the Shadows I am not sure that the Alliance or the Empire have anything to show off with.

Yeah, but they have the Death Star and that can blow up a planet, never mind a wimpy ship.

LOL' date=' against the Borg would be interesting! up until about half way in then it would be decidedly predictable, but can you imagine them meeting Vader?

the utter Confusion!

State you`re designation...

Vader: I am lord Vader of Sith...

you have been assimilated already, state your designation.

Vader: I belong to the Dark side, and no I haven`t

our data shows no "dark side" and our scans show that you`ve been assimilated.

Vader: Are you suckers on Drugs!

[/quote']

LOL! Yeah. Can you imagine Obi Wan assimilated

Obi Wan: "you want to disarm yourselves"

Borg Collective: "We want to disarm ourselves"

One battle I would like to see though is the Jedi vs the Mule. That would be interesting.

The Borg's adaptive shielding would render them immune to anything thrown at them.

It would be fun to watch, though.

Yeah, but then you have to consider if they would be able to adapt to it because the Death Star would be able to take it out in one shot, unless the Borg knew what was coming at them ahead of time. And then there is the sheer power of the beam, unless their shields can match that kind of energy I don't think it their adaptation would matter.

Yeah, but they have the Death Star and that can blow up a planet, never mind a wimpy ship.

Have you seen a Vorlon Planet Killer?

Given the Death Star's lack of high power, short range weapons 6 or 7 Mimbari cruisers would carve it to junk.

B5 all the way.

my vote is star wars. forget the weapons, they are insignificant compared to the power of the force. it's not the size that matters its how you use it. :)

the Vorlons more or less ARE "the force" they`re quite immune, think of what the Psi Cops can already do (apart from Leta getting me hot), and that`s just a little bit of Vorlon manipulation to an ordinary Human.

a Jedi and a Technomage maybe be closer to a fair fight.

Yeah, but then you have to consider if they would be able to adapt to it because the Death Star would be able to take it out in one shot, unless the Borg knew what was coming at them ahead of time. And then there is the sheer power of the beam, unless their shields can match that kind of energy I don't think it their adaptation would matter.

Can the Death Star reach warp 9.99?

You know, I think there was a YouTube video about Star Trek vs. Star Wars...

In the end, however, I'd vote for Spaceball One. Ludicrous speed!

edit: the Death Star uses a laser? I believe in one scene in Star Trek it is mentioned that lasers "wouldn't even penetrate our navigation shields."

I would have liked an 'other' option so that I could have voted for Ian Banks 'culture' civilization.

I don't know how to change it so that it displays Other, unless one of the mods or admins would be kind enough to add an Other option.

Yeah' date=' but if you got a couple of hundred Jedis in the same room, focused on the same thing, geez, anything could happen. You just can't mess with the Force.

[/quote']

Well, no, if you remember from Star Wars Ep II Clone Wars there was a major fight in which a bunch of Jedi got cornered and overwhelmed by the opposing force. It wasn't until the clone troopers came that the tide turned.

Also, in the third movie all but the strongest died. And most of them were killed by troops that had no ability to use the force.

You do know the Borg have millions of ships, right?

Well millions is probably an exaggeration. But we know they have A LOT.

That's a little moot though, since any one ship could immediately drop out of a transwarp conduit and blow the frak out of the Death Star's primary weapon before anyone had a chance to press a button.

Well millions is probably an exaggeration. But we know they have A LOT.

That's a little moot though, since any one ship could immediately drop out of a transwarp conduit and blow the frak out of the Death Star's primary weapon before anyone had a chance to press a button.

whats the "frak"? is that some key component in a death stars primary weapon? :P