A theory of opinion / beleifs .

Guest JohnTF

Guest JohnTF

I seem to be getting more & more frustrated by trying to get involved in discussions , and bumping into more opinion/belief [ not based in any fact { one of the best example lately was a quote " I'm not a chemist I do not know & I do not want to know "} ] ,

This was talking about two types of alternative diesel fuels , bio-diesel vs. waste vegi oil .

The point being that I seem to be noticing that the world around me is devolving from moder thinking / more knowledge .

Oh ya , that theory , is a work in progress , or not !!!

My 1st post , hope to find a lot of theorys/info .

Thanks John

The point being that I seem to be noticing that the world around me is devolving from moder thinking / more knowledge .

Hi John,

It's very possible that these people always existed (the "I don't know, nor do I care to learn" crowd), but that we weren't exposed to them. We tend to group with like minded sorts, so socially the "I don't know, nor do I care to learn" crowd likely wasn't a huge player in your group of friends.

Even on the internet, we tend toward those forums and blogs and news articles that interest us. We avoid those in which we're not interested.

However, it's also possible that there are just more people on the planet now, and there are, in fact, greater numbers of devolved "I don't know, nor do I care to learn" individuals. That would be a tragedy, as their actions impact us all.

Maybe we've been too motivated by our hormones, reproducing with the sexy ones instead of the the forward thinking and bright ones, and we've selected for physical beauty and health instead of stewardship and social responsibility.

I really don't know. It's an interesting point. So, can you elaborate on your theory? Any testible predictions come with it, or is it just an evolving speculation? ;)

Hey, everybody! Look at my new t!ts! :rolleyes:

Hi John,

Maybe we've been too motivated by our hormones, reproducing with the sexy ones instead of the the forward thinking and bright ones, and we've selected for physical beauty and health instead of stewardship and social responsibility.

I really don't know. It's an interesting point. So, can you elaborate on your theory? Any testible predictions come with it, or is it just an evolving speculation? ;)

Stewardship makes me horny! :)

As for this theory, well I don't know and I don't want to know.