I just feel like saying this.

Eric0728

I can't build a rocket ship by myself, yet we still send people to outer space via this mode of transport. I can't see atoms, yet they are there. I can't sleep with a Victoria's Secret model, but that doesn't mean nobody can.

On a philosophical level, I believe you are right, though, that nothing is impossible. However, I contend that some things are clearly more probable than others, and that this probability more closely matches reality than my fantasies about unicorns and leprechauns.

I agree with things being more probable its not like i am going to jump of a building and see if i get the one out of infinite chance that gravity doesn't apply.

Edit: Oh yea i remember what else i wanted to say. I believe you can never disprove something you can only prove its something else.

Edit: Oh yea i remember what else i wanted to say. I believe you can never disprove something you can only prove its something else.

I've heard something like this before, but believe it only applies in certain contexts (and I apologize, but I'm drawing a blank on what those are at the moment).

Let's say you state, "All dogs are white." Well, once I walk by you with a brown dog I've disproven your statement. Make sense?

If he's sleeping there's something wrong with him.:D

You mean, you don't fall asleep when you're done? Strange. ;)

Anyway, I shouldn't have said "can't." Would have been more accurate to say, "it's just not too likely."

I don't think we can prove anything is infinite and that all scientific laws apply

everywhere becuase we can't be everywhere at once and we can't be be here to observe something for infinite.

We can't directly observe quantum mechanical laws either, yet we can measure their effects. Perhaps one day we will build suffiecent equipment so we can measure the physical laws of the very small and the very big.