911 truthers inflitrate Bill Maher's show

Sisyphus

the cows seem to be all over the place...

don't even get me started on the Fox debate when people booed Ron Paul for telling them that 70% of american people want our troops out of Iraq... Why would they boo him for telling correct statistics?

It seems like people these days aren't interested in the truth, just the spoon fed cue card propaganda/ conspiracy theories. What happened to thinking for yourselves?

I think the cow comments were referring to when part of the audience was yelling "boo".

I like the video it was hillarious, I would say that the show did not go as planned....

It seems like people these days aren't interested in the truth, just the spoon fed cue card propaganda/ conspiracy theories. What happened to thinking for yourselves?

I would guess that the correct question here is, did they ever think for themselves to begin with?

The 9/11 conspiracy, err, "truth" movement is like a cult. They've lampooned independent thinking... you're either with them or you're a "sheeple"

the cows seem to be all over the place...

don't even get me started on the Fox debate when people booed Ron Paul for telling them that 70% of american people want our troops out of Iraq... Why would they boo him for telling correct statistics?

Tell me about it. The idiots on local talk radio over here call him a quack, and an idiot. Even though I've heard more "theory" and straight talk from Dr. Paul than any of these talk show geeks. You can disagree with Dr. Paul, I get that, but to call him an "idiot", immediately discredits you in my book. But that's the climate we're in. Like you say, nobody is really insterested in the truth. They're averted to the implications of truth. Admitting 70% of americans want out of Iraq means they have to face the fact that this war is unjustified by the people.

Meh, it just reminded me why I avoid nearly all American TV like the plague, the retarded din from the hecklers was annoying, the host was annoying, and the rest of the audience was annoying for cheering and woo-ing because the host called for 'f*cking security'

I need a heavy dose of Jeremy Paxman.

Hmm, just found this in Wiki...

BBC America has recruited Paxman to start working on their main channel broadcast in the US in autumn 2007.[8][13] He is to introduce a synopsis of Newsnight items with an international aspect and is expected to bring his brash interviewing style to bear on US politicians.

Tell me about it. The idiots on local talk radio over here call him a quack, and an idiot. Even though I've heard more "theory" and straight talk from Dr. Paul than any of these talk show geeks. You can disagree with Dr. Paul, I get that, but to call him an "idiot", immediately discredits you in my book. But that's the climate we're in. Like you say, nobody is really insterested in the truth. They're averted to the implications of truth. Admitting 70% of americans want out of Iraq means they have to face the fact that this war is unjustified by the people.

I have subsequently discovered that Fox packed the audience with blind neo-con supporters. Ron Paul wasn't given any tickets to bring to his supporters.

This concerns me because the affect this may have on the people watching..

Right after lauding Jerry Falwell who said 9/11 was God's retribution for America having gay people. It's really incredible all the wacky stuff we let supposedly "mainstream" fundies get away with.

I have subsequently discovered that Fox packed the audience with blind neo-con supporters. Ron Paul wasn't given any tickets to bring to his supporters.

This concerns me because the affect this may have on the people watching..

I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. I just can't stand how they've decided that the freaking war is a republican staple and nobody is welcome who doesn't agree to it.

Right after lauding Jerry Falwell who said 9/11 was God's retribution for America having gay people. It's really incredible all the wacky stuff we let supposedly "mainstream" fundies get away with.

Or, even scarier, is that the mainstream?