The SFN Primaries

CDarwin

What candidates would you like to see get thier party's nomination in '08?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What candidates would you like to see get thier party's nomination in '08?

• Joe Biden
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Chris Dodd
    • John Edwards
    • Mike Gravel
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Barack Obama
    • Bill Richardson
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Tom Tancredo
    • Fred Thompson
    • Clint Eastwood/Arnie

Choose the (main) candidate for United States President you would like to see get the nomination from the Republican and Democratic Parties. If you feel like nominating a candidate from each party because you support both or would like to see a particular race (like me), then feel free, but obviously nominating a candidate from the party you oppose just because you think he/she is weak misses the point a bit. Let this be a vehicle for discussion and what-not.

If your candidate isn't listed feel free to make a bitter, rejected post to that effect.

EDIT: Don't select multiple candidates from the same party if you can help it. That sort of distorts the results.

So there are Hillary Supporters on SFN... wonder why they never spoke up for her on the "Who actually likes Hillary Clinton?" thread

I voted for my in a perfect world candidate, Dennis Kucinich. Everyone else seems to have voted for the "Only realistic non-Hillary candidate", Obama. I was kinda torn on that. In the actual primaries I'll be voting for Obama, simply to vote against Hillary with some sort of effectiveness. Kucinich is clearly unelectable as a president :(

I also voted for Ron Paul, because he's pretty much the only Republican candidate who isn't a totalitarian freedom-hating neo-Imperialist warmongering spendaholic douchebag

I defended Clinton in that thread. I didn't vote for her (or anyone) here, though, because I'm still undecided. If you're wondering why the supporters didn't speak up, I'd guess it's because they didn't feel like being yelled at/not listened to.

Good idea, but I think we should do something more formal. A poll for each party, listing the official candidates and not allowing multiple choices.

That's my two cents, what do you all think?

I thought about that, but I thought it would be too many threads and an unwarranted imposition on the bandwidth.

Not in response to Pangloss but just to put it out there: I back Biden and McCain both. I would love to see that race.

EDIT: Oh wow... I misspelled "their"...

No one here is supporting Rudy?!?!

I must admit to being somewhat baffled by Giuliani's support anywhere. I fully expected him to be a minor also-ran. Boy was I wrong.

My current opinion is that he can't stop the Billary juggernaut. But my track record being what it is, I'm not expecting any phone calls from Vegas odds-makers any time soon.

I voted for Hillary Clinton and John McCain, btw. Either of whom I would be comfortable with as president.

I voted for Hillary Clinton and John McCain, btw. Either of whom I would be comfortable with as president.

*shudder*

This is why I don't understand why the neocons are so afraid of Hillary. Except for some aspects of her domestic policy, she could be running in the GOP.

She's also a corporation's best friend, since they think she'll be able to secure them government sponsered monopolies in areas of entitlement programs.

I voted for Ron Paul from the GOP camp and Dennis Kucinich from the dems. The only two with sound foreign policy, IMO. Though, I don't think I could support a president that would seek to expand the entitlement programs.

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination (and I'm clinging on to hope here) I may consider the Libertarian candidate - or just writing him in.

I must admit to being somewhat baffled by Giuliani's support anywhere. I fully expected him to be a minor also-ran. Boy was I wrong.

Because he's the president of 9/11. He's running purely on name recognition alone and the media loves him. Him and hillary are getting the most press coverage, no questions asked.

How else do you explain his support from someone who disagrees with his moral issues, that anti-semite Pat Robertson.

Same here, buddy. My favorite candidate is whoever is running against Rudy.

I guess that we should never underestimate the power of simple name recognition in an election. That is what I attribute to both Hillary's and Rudy's success so far. I can't think of much else (except for the dual X chromosome factor for Hillary of course).

My guess is that Charles Manson would get a huge percentage just on sheer name recognition alone if he were to run.

"Hey, I recognize that name. It makes me feel good..." (moron in booth pulls lever and votes for Charles Manson...)

I refuse to Vote unless either Clint Eastwood or Arnold Schwartzenegger is on that list!

so go ahead, edit the poll and make my day.

I`ll be back!

The "go ahead punk, make my day" "asta la vista" factor is huge!

This is why I don't understand why the neocons are so afraid of Hillary. Except for some aspects of her domestic policy, she could be running in the GOP.

I've been pondering this some more, and I think you and Bascule (and others here) are raising a third dimension to Hillary's "high negatives" (in addition to Clinton-bashing conservatives and far-left lunatics) that really hasn't been recognized by the mainstream media -- social libertarians. I think that's interesting.

(re: Giuliani) Because he's the president of 9/11.

Cute -- I'll have to remember that one. :D

And an apt observation, I expect.

I refuse to Vote unless either Clint Eastwood or Arnold Schwartzenegger is on that list!

so go ahead, edit the poll and make my day.

I`ll be back!

Remember, as a United States Protectorate, like Puerto Rico, those of you living in Canada and the United Kingdom only get non-voting membership in Congress. You can look but you can't touch. When you get around to approving statehood, we'll talk!

(And of course this year it'll be the same deal for those of us in Florida!)

Hillary & McCain.

I'm surprised that so many people voted for Ron Paul, I thought most people here were born after the civil war :)

Maybe they want a candidate who won't increase the size and power of federal government... :doh:

That's a pretty timeless desire, if you ask me.