Non-scientists in scientific excursions?

sleidia

Hi guys :)

I would like to know if there are any existing means/organizations allowing non-scientists to give some help during scientific excursions anywhere in the world.

I'm asking this because I would love to participate to such excursions.

Thanks for the help! ;)

I would like to know if there are any existing means/organizations allowing non-scientists to give some help during scientific excursions anywhere in the world.

Then either pursue a career in science or learn how to be discerning about how you invest in the field. Scientists, like members of any profession, are worth only as much as the fruits of their labor. Once you've decided what's of interest to you, it'll be far easier to ferret out people and organizations worthy of your time, effort or resources.

Hi guys :)

Thanks for the help! ;)

If you're of the proper age (16+ probably), check local paleontological digs or archaeology labs. Often they'll take volunteers. In East Tennessee I know of the UT Archaeology Lab and Gray Fossil Site both of which you can volunteer at. That's probably completely useless to you, but it's an example of what you can find.

You can also do internships and things with veterinary clinics, zoos, even some hospitals if you're so inclined and can convince the people you're worthy.