Top 10 Scientific Breakthroughs of 2007

ecoli

In light of breakthrough number 2, more study may be needed to be done soon on number 8 before the Chimpanzees start hunting humans. lol

Number 1 and 4 are very interesting, and number 7 sounds like it could have many applications in the years to come.

#1 seems the best. I think #4 may eventually be obsoleted (by growing our own blood), but for now it will be very useful. Two of these are about dinosaurs, so I think the guy has been watching too much Jurassic Park. Overall, it's a decent list.

I think 1, 4 and 7.

Mr. Skeptic, don't write off #3, this find is truly amazing. The Washington Post has a good article on the find. (Make sure you check out the gallery.) "Dakota" is still in the scanner but the preservation is astounding.

There are many things we don't know about the great reptiles including arrangement and type of internal organs. How did they mate? How does something 20 ft high lay eggs? At the moment we're operating on a "best guess" scenario.

Dakota may give us a glimpse towards answering these questions.

I wonder if Tyler Lyson has picked his thesis topic yet?:D

#1 seems the best. I think #4 may eventually be obsoleted (by growing our own blood), but for now it will be very useful. Two of these are about dinosaurs, so I think the guy has been watching too much Jurassic Park. Overall, it's a decent list.

You seem to have a problem appreciating the Glorious Science of Paleontology.

That said, I think the big discovery by Fred Spoor of the tiny Homo erectus alongside late Homo habilis might outrank 6.