Magnetic field... what is it?

Guest fratka

Simple, a magnetic field is a distortion in the zero-point field caused by an accelerated charge or induced current. A charge pushes a current, which induces a magnetic field, which induces a current. One cannot exist without the other. If you are asking for the actual physical description it is the lines of magnetic flux being emitted from a closed charge surface travelling from negative to positve polarity. It is measured in gauss (G), Maxwells (Mx) or Weber (Wb). Most magnetic fields a prson encounters in a day are more in the milligauss ranges.

Frank

This is off the top of my head, and might not be exactly correct. You know radio is a form of light (ie photons). They make radio waves by pumping a rapidly oscillating current through a wire. We know moving current begets mangetism, thus magnetism is transmitted via photons. That's just to show how one could conclude the magnetism = photons bit.

A light wave is made up of an electric and magnetic wave travelling together that are orthogonal to each other and push each other along. Thats how light travels. As for where the energy comes from in a permanent magnet, I believe that they do infact lose their magnetism over time. I'm not too sure about the answer to that one, however.

ok here`s a question then :)

if an object could be made to spin at 300,000 Kms/Sec it would be moving at light speed and emit light, now if that object were to be a Magnet traveling that fast would it appear Brighter?

ok here`s a question then :)

if an object could be made to spin at 300' date='000 Kms/Sec it would be moving at light speed and emit light, now if that object were to be a Magnet traveling that fast would it appear Brighter?[/quote']Now you're starting to sound like Joseph Newman, the guy I mentioned in the "Perpetual Help" thread. He states that the way an EM field lines up and the way a gyroscope acts led him to link the two up. He spins an electromagnet (NOT at 300,000 Kms/Sec) to get the gyroscopic effect and claims to manufacture an enormous EM field, much greater than the theory of electromagnetism suggests is possible.