Best TNG Episodes

-Demosthenes-

I liked the one about the DNA in the galaxy being linked.

I'm finding it really hard to watch ST now though, as I notice so many things they say just don't make any sense.

Thats mostly VGR though.

Hmm, the letters VGR reminded me of V-Ger. The original series movies were awesome. I really liked the style of those pseudo-future-semi-seventies sets. Can't wait until I can recognize current trends in ST as being passe, twenty years from now.

[edit]

Sayonara³ said in post # :

There's a reason why most races in Star Trek are humanoid.

See TNG: "The Chase". 

I'm a Voyager fan really, I even wrote a script for it, but my FAT on my Hard drive got messed up, and I lost it. I only had 5 pages left to write before sending it off. They paid £10.000 per script.

Best TNG...The Best Of Both Worlds 1/2

Then 'Data's Day', and '1001100' whatever it is.

Pincho.

I like the one where Ryker performs an act that undermines the captains authority. Or where Ryker forms and implements a plan that the Captain expressly forbade him to do, or contrives a direct order. Plus the one where Ryker grows a beard to show the crew he is more hirsute and therefore more manly than Picard is quite good.

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post # :

You're making fun of this, aren't you?

Ryker ignores the chain of command, you see. He greatly annoys me, to the extent that I make a list of the insubordination and mutinous suggestions he makes each episode. Watch when they have a command meeting, Ryker invariably dismisses the assembled staff without Picards consent. Dismissing staff when a suggestion is put forward is the equivalent of making the command decision in place of the Captain. The suggestions are one thing, ignoring the ranking officer in a room is a court martial offence, even in the Federation.

In "Chain of Command, Part I" he openly plans a mutiny, clearly showing that he is not comfortable with the new Captain actually forcing him to follow orders. He ignores a direct order 4 times in the first half hour.

A great point is made that he was offered his own command but refused it; he is obviously angling for the Captain of the flagship of the Federation. Ryker is widely accepted as being a mutinous villain.

-Demosthenes- said in post # :

Either that or he has something for... sick!

What in the name of sweet Jesus are saying, man? Pull yourself together.

"What was the point of posting that?

Stop artificially bumping the thread - it's not like nobody will post in it if it's 10 down the page."

That didn't even occur to me, I promise! I didn't wan to "bump" the thread. I'm sorry, but you do get mad quite easily, and without find out all the facts. :D

atinymonkey said in post # :

Ryker ignores the chain of command, you see. He greatly annoys me, to the extent that I make a list of the insubordination and mutinous suggestions he makes each episode. Watch when they have a command meeting, Ryker invariably dismisses the assembled staff without Picards consent. Dismissing staff when a suggestion is put forward is the equivalent of making the command decision in place of the Captain. The suggestions are one thing, ignoring the ranking officer in a room is a court martial offence, even in the Federation.

What happens if the captain doesn't mind? He sure doesn't seem to.

In "Chain of Command, Part I" he openly plans a mutiny, clearly showing that he is not comfortable with the new Captain actually forcing him to follow orders. He ignores a direct order 4 times in the first half hour.

If you hated your new captain, wouldn't you do that?

A great point is made that he was offered his own command but refused it; he is obviously angling for the Captain of the flagship of the Federation. Ryker is widely accepted as being a mutinous villain.

I thought it was obvious that he just liked Picard.

I think you are taking it too seriously. I mean, they really don't mean it to be that serious. You're supposed to take what they say. (though I always think, "should they have done that?")