Google Toolbar

YT2095

I`m asking this on behalf of someone else, she`s using win XP and has DL`d the google toolbar for her browser IE.

the toolbar`s there no problem, but is there anyway to get rid of the instructions that fill the window?

Thnx :)

yup, she`s instaled it twice and even customised it. I tried to set the default homepage, but it wouldn`t let me?

it kept coming back up with a google based URL and some ID code at the end, and shows the same instructions page of how to operate the google buttons LOL

no, it wouldn't have an effect on it. It looks to me, like what sayonara said, like it hasn't completed. I suggest, you tell her to remove the google toolbar (add/remove software on control panel) and then to reinastall it :)

she has done, twice, I did the same thing to my puter using win 98, it worked fine, and I managed to get rid of the instructions by setting the default homepage, for some reason I couldn`t on hers?

heheheheh, panic over, I`ve just sorted it over the fone :)

we we`re actualy so close the 1`st time but being rushed for time, we missed one point, we should have clicked on Use Current and THEN click the OK in Internet options :)

it`s all working sweet now *Phew* thnx all for your help, it`s much appreciated :))

Generally i would suggest the use of Dogpile.com for multimedia research, but going through topics on yahoo is also good for more obscure info, homework etc.

P.S

Is that Murray the talking skull on Crash's user from Monkey island?

I've not has any problems with the Google toolbar, altough I do get a very strange tool bar called 'Rtrrgraccr' or something. Not sure what it is. In regard to what ed84c said, I think that Dogpile is excellent for multimedia searches but I prefer Google for normal web page searches.