Enable Command Prompt

frosch45

i dont know what i did, but for some reason the cmd on my comp is disabled! when i open it it says

COMMAND PROMPT HAS BEEN DISABLED BY SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

whenever i press any key, regardless of what it is, cmd just closes

does anyone know how to fix this?

any help appreciated

It's a policy setting. Administrators lock it sometimes in order to prevent users from doing things they're not supposed to be doing, for reasons such as reducing the cost (i.e. instances) of technical support.

Is it your computer, or does it belong to your employer?

Is it your computer, or does it belong to your employer?

Or, the school?

If it's your computer, there's no reason you shouldn't be perfectly capable of solving the issue on your own since you'll have the permissions and passwords to do so.

The school has disabled that level of access on your account for a reason. If there's a good enough reason, you can request additional access and permissions directly from them. Otherwise, it's time for you to move on and realize that you can't do what you want to do on a computer you do not own.

Thread closed.

Oops... I can't do that here. Something about being disabled by the system administrator. :rolleyes: