Animal Testing

Joey_lee

Hey everyone, I found this petition to stop animal testing. Why? Well I really think that its important that we not use animals for our own benefit, especially seeing as most of the time, it has no benefit. Its cruel to subject them such torture, as the most intelligent species it is up to us to take responsible care of the world and its inhabitants. THe link to the petition is here, if you could take some time to sign it and maybe pass it on, we can make a difference, http://petitionearth.com/viewpetition.php?id=80.

Thanks for your time.

Anything that goes for the betterment of human race without causing any other side effects, can be accepted. This is what I think! I mean, using different animals for testings and experiments which might eventually advance and make better human conditions of life, is something that I see no problem with. But of course, extremism is absolutely not necessary.

If you browse through the forum Joey you fill find several threads that deal with this issue and I think you will find them interesting to what's concerning you!

But this should belong to biomedical ethics, shouldn't it?

Hey everyone, I found this petition to stop animal testing. Why? Well I really think that its important that we not use animals for our own benefit

Although I admire your support for a cause, I can't help but question your reasoning. Animal testing is a necessary element to developing science. Almost every prescription drug, surgical anesthesia, etc. has been tested using animal subjects before being used on humans. So the question is, Joey_lee, have you ever used an Advil, Tylenol, or Aspirin? If you have, then you should recalculate why you want to stop animal testing.

Animal testing for the win.

But I would be willing to consider further restrictions and guidelines on testing if they were logical and didn't detract from science. Even the scientific establishment accepts limits and ethical guidelines, and it can't hurt to revisit those once in a while and make sure they are being followed.