Display

Moren

the problem being most integral LCD displays from a laptop use their own protocol for wiring internaly, it`s not an industry standard like CGA VGA SVGA etc...

most are on ribbon cable too. you`de need some serious custom made hardware to get that working! and thats IF the OM would give the pinouts!? (very unlikely).

you could probably cheat and buy a card that would accept an external input to your screen (may or maynot be under s/ware control), perhaps since ypu mentioned using the laptop kbd as an input decice, a Networking card would be a good idea, then you could pick and choose your own config as to what device does what to another :)

Moren said in post # :

Have you tried?

Mmmmm, I have. Well, to be more accurate, the rig is set up in conferencing rooms where I work so the main baseunit will output to laptops/VDU's/Projectors etc. Not much use, granted, but it's possible to do it.

At YT said, direct hardware interface would be tricky but most OS are built to network. I think there is interface hardware to make a docking station out of a base unit, but they are usually specific to one make of laptop and a fixed model of base unit.