Evilution

bascule

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=70de402de83dc11609bd

It's every creationist argument compressed down to a few minutes. You can't create "new genetic information" (oh wait, polyploidy). Radiometric dating is so inaccurate that scientists don't use it anymore, and they use circular reasoning to date the ages of fossils! Dinosaurs were so too mentioned in the Bible! The missing link between man and ape has never been discovered! REPENT!

It's every creationist argument compressed down to a few minutes.

Yawn. Such things have been around a long time, including several older versions on YouTube

You can't create "new genetic information" (oh wait, polyploidy).

That isn't your best example because it is usually associated with abnormal cells function -- transformation and cancer.

Better examples are 1) gene duplication, 2) chromosome duplication, and 3) translocation. All end up with more DNA but in the first 2 and in most of the third the cells are normal.

REPENT!

Not so much "repent" as "now please believe in our god of a literal inerrant Bible"

neither has bin laden, YET!

Nice attempt at a joke, but not quite the same thing. After all, Bin Laden is only "missing" in that we don't know where he is. Other people do have that knowledge and Bin Laden is not missing at all! :eyebrow:

However, the "no missing links" in the hominid lineage is so very, very untrue. The argument is not to use this false analogy, but point out all the transitional individuals that make a series of "missing links" that connect A. afarensis to us, H. sapiens thru 2 intermediate species. >:D

I'm trying to find the missing link between a baby and an old man. You know, an old body with a baby head. Otherwise, my theory that we are replaced every so often with a slightly older body still holds true.

That isn't your best example because it is usually associated with abnormal cells function -- transformation and cancer.

If anything this shows that not only does it happen, but it can even happen when things are going wrong.

I'm trying to find the missing link between a baby and an old man. You know, an old body with a baby head. Otherwise, my theory that we are replaced every so often with a slightly older body still holds true.

I like that one :D. Next time I get into a conversation with a creationist I'll use it. I'll ask them to prove that they weren't just popped into existance 5 minutes ago. They can show me photos, but I'll keep asking for the "Missing Link" that shows them turing from a babby into the age they are now. And each time the show me a photo, I'll ask to see the photo that fills the gaps between the photo they just showed me and the others. :eyebrow:>:D:D

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=70de402de83dc11609bd

It's every creationist argument compressed down to a few minutes. You can't create "new genetic information" (oh wait, polyploidy). Radiometric dating is so inaccurate that scientists don't use it anymore, and they use circular reasoning to date the ages of fossils! Dinosaurs were so too mentioned in the Bible! The missing link between man and ape has never been discovered! REPENT!

I've started a modest collection of vintage (60s-70s, before they stopped calling themselves Creationists) Creationist literature and its amusing how little their arguments change.