Self-Reflection Principle of Consciousness

Graviphoton

This is my theory, on self-reflecting organisms.

Self-Reflection, in our cases, will depend heavily on the mathematical description [math][1(0,1)][/math]. Here's how the principle works.

There is a level of awareness which allows an organism to be aware of itself, instead of being mindless in the sense of arbitrary acts on senses. The latter of course, describes a system that is run by their genes. Replicating, eating, sleeping, some not, organisms that go through life, day to day, in constant operation of their DNA. They have no awareness of themselves, only to have virtually, no intelligence, and striving on the basic needs.

A human, or an elecphant, both valid cases for the next point, is that they can self-reflect, so that they know they exist. Its actually a three-way operation for self-reflection.

There is first the unconscious self, the conscious self, (which as you may presume, may not necesserily require a being at any given moment in time to stop and think about themselves, and their situations), and generally, the ability to reflect. This relationship can be expressed as:

[math][1(0,1)][/math]

Where the square brackets containing the first 1, lets call it C, as conjoined with the pair zero and one. The pair in this case represent the functions of subconsciousness and consciousness... the solitude 1, or C as we called it, is in this case the abillity to self-reflect.

The ability to self-reflect, might be what gives three specific animals in the world, Homosapians, Ape family and Elephant the nature of intelligence. Of course, intelligence is in every biosystem, but the three species we are talking about, exist way up their in cloud number nine.

The argument, is that a mouse would barely achive [(0,1)] communication, but even some scientists doubt that a mouse even has a consciousness. There may be no way to settle this problem. But it does go to say, that the very fact we see such a difference between the way we operate systems and problem solve, is somewhat connected to our ability to stop and consider.

Stop and consider. This is how i would define self-reflection. We stop and consider our positions, and where we are going. This reminds me of the strange situation that arises in the mind, that was posited by Dr Wolf. The uncertainty principle, even though it rules the subatomic behaviour in my head, we still don't need to operate by it. The mind is free of these quantum rules, and that's what makes it so strange.

Self-reflection also has the outstanding evidence of phantom limb phenomena. If a patient, who has lost a leg, goes behind mirrors, reflecting what appears to his brain to be his leg, makes the patient feel the illusion he still as his limb. This has baffled our understanding of the brains rationality, and just prooves it isn't really all that rational.

But we seep out of the irrationale, and bring rationality back to life. Order out of Chaos, and the ability to know.

This is my theory, on self-reflecting organisms.

Self-Reflection, in our cases, will depend heavily on the mathematical description [math][1(0,1)][/math]. Here's how the principle works.

Uh, yeah... you're going to have to prove that one.

I don't know why this has been tagged as crackpot. I don't think its so woo woo. But no, i don't have anything to proove. I'll let the reader decide what they think of it. I just thought it was unfair i talked about a principle i have never spoke about before.

But no, i don't have anything to proove.

Then you stop making threads supported by unproven claims.

how about you start by explaining what [math] [1(0,1)] [/math] means, and what it has to do with consciousness.