Visualizing Impact

I have been reading up on recruitment papers for planets in the face of global warming I am just wondering exactly how much of a bottleneck on biodiversity humans happen to be generating. I am sure that it will not cause life to go extinct in general, just that modern life will surely have to change via adapting, radiation and of course extinction. The question to me simply is so large though, I mean how will the microbial level of life change, what new niches will it obtain or lose, what will happen to ocean life, or land life? Will certain types of plants emerge or certain phenotypes become dominant?

I mean to create such a shift in the global environment will surely render itself visible down to any level, be it landscape, community, population. I think any particular discernable variable of biotic/abotic relationships making up any modern ecology will change simply because of global warming or global climate change coupled with the reality that life can be studied in an ecological sense in the first place.

Has there been any studies on say any particular taxa looking for convergent evolution of phenotypes on such already? I think if you could find geographically separated species tending to express similar traits because of such it would be a great pointer to how life may react to such change. I don’t know if this would be the same for all life, and eukaryotes and prokaryotes have some difference, as do plants to animals.