need help!!

TAPn

Ok look I don't really know to much about this but I need to ask someone what they think and maybe some answers will spawn. Ok I was watching a show on Apollo 11 and when they took of it made the flag spin round and round. My idea is well this could prove some thing. Well if the flag is still moving it proves Newton's first law of motion because the flag wouldn't be acted upon by another force which forces it to continue to move. But if the flag isn't moving it would mean either A. Newton's Laws of Motion are flawed. or B. There is some kind of force acting upon the flag which brings it to a stop. This has been on my mind for a while and I didn't know who to ask. Remember I am still in high school and my ideas could be wrong. So please answer. Sorry if I didn't post it in the right place :P

well i guess with my first post i didn't really state what i was asking. I was wondering if my logic is correct and if anyone knows if the flag on the moon is still waving or not.

A. Newton's Laws of Motion are flawed. or B. There is some kind of force acting upon the flag which brings it to a stop.
B is the answer. The Moon is not devoid of gravity, it's about 1/6 of Earth's. That's why the astronauts could make great leaps... but still came back down to the surface instead of flying off into space.

Good first post, though. It shows you're thinking.

There's also going to be friction.

yes. The fibres in the flag will rub against each other and produce heat through friction. This will slow the motion of the flag down.

In fact, this proves that the Moon Landing actually took place. The motion of the flag (the way it is moving) and the duration of that movement could only occur that way in a vacuum and a gravity 1/6th of our own. The motion could not be replicated by slowing down the film (as is often claimed by those that think the moon landing was faked).

So either they sent someone to them Moon to get that exact shot so they could fake the Moon landing, or they actually landed on the Moon.

Ok, now think hard and re-read that sentence. :D

Yes, either they landed someone on the Moon so that they could fake it, or they Landed someone on the Moon.

Today we could fake easily with computer animation. But they didn't have that technology when the Moon landings took place.