Scientist responds to Conservapedia criticism

bascule

Before I post a few of the gems from that website, please swallow your mouthful of soda, coffee, whatever. I refuse to be responsible for any screen sprayings.

From http://www.conservapedia.com/Liberal:

Liberal_Brain.jpg

From http://www.conservapedia.com/Dinosaur:

Young-Earth creationists... believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed... It is sometimes asserted that if human bones aren’t found with dinosaur bones, then dinosaurs and man didn’t live together. Creation scientists point out that this is a false assumption; if human bones aren’t found buried with dinosaur bones, it simply means they weren't buried together... Also, creation scientists point out that we don't find human bones buried with coelacanths yet humans and coelacanths coexist today.

From http://www.conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama

Obama claimed to have visited 57 states while campaigning for president of the United States, which of course has only 50 states. He could never explain where the false number of 57 came from, but it has been observed that there are 57 Islamic states and Obama was educated at an Islamic grade school while he lived in an Islamic country.

Obama does have a problem here. How exactly does one explain humor to the humor-impaired?

I hate the fact that they're associating conservatism with stupidity. Who highjacked my political ideology?

edit: and all the capilization of E. Coli is killing me. It's E. coli, people!

great quote btw: "And lest you accuse me further of fraud, I do not literally mean that we have unicorns in the lab. Rather, I am making a literary allusion."

Edited by ecoli

wouldn`t having unicorns in your Lab would be more of a literal Illusion rather than a literary allusion, or its just my Lateral delusion?

forgive my Irreverent irrelevance, Dr Suess is killing my brain!

P.P.P.P.S. I noticed that you say that one of your favorite articles on your website is the one on “Deceit.” That article begins as follows: “Deceit is the deliberate distortion or denial of the truth with an intent to trick or fool another. Christianity and Judaism teach that deceit is wrong. For example, the Old Testament says, ‘Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.’” You really should think more carefully about what that commandment means before you go around bearing false witness against others.

I liked that bit.