Astroid Impact Calculator

blike

Guest Yoshmaista

Not really, aom, you could just set up a javascript which would script placement on a preset graph, with different values, then connect those or do whatever you'd need to.

Not really, aom, you could just set up a javascript which would script placement on a preset graph, with different values, then connect those or do whatever you'd need to.

The hard bit geting what you've input to affect the output. There's some quite complex math behind that.

And I'd use a server-side language for that, definately not clientside.

Well, the majority of computers now use fairly modern browsers; only a very small proportion of them don't use javascript any more. This site has quite a lot of javascript in it, for example.

All browsers don't have the ability to read javascript. I could use lynx (which is a perfectly good linux-based text browser), and that's not javascript enabled. And yes, this site does use PHP, but that's only to generate the HTML. Javascript is used to make the interface look pretty. If you don't believe me, I suggest you click the little arrow next to the 'Quick Links' button at the top of the page.

actually, this uses PHP, something that computers can all read. All computers have the ability to read javascript, but, some have just disabled it.

Not quite.

PHP is a hypertext preprocessor - the script is run on the server and generates HTML, CSS and JavaScript to send to the client. When you look at SFN, your computer is not "reading" the PHP. It doesn't see a scrap of it.

Client-side languages are processed on-the-fly by the browser, and they should be avoided (hello javascript) unless you actually need to manipulate the browser itself (window attributes etc). Wherever javascript is used on a page, there should be an alternative for non js-enabled clients embedded using the <noscript> tag.

yeah. I wouldn't expect someone to do that on JAVASCRIPT! Its near to impossible. Doing it in ASP, CCS, and other server-side languages would be much easier.

Doing it in ASP would be horrible as it's an absolutely hideous language. Not sure what you mean by CCS. Cisco Collaboration Server? :confused:

PHP would be best as it has easily implemented maths and some nifty graphing capabilities.

Doing it in ASP would be horrible as it's an absolutely hideous language. Not sure what you mean by CCS. Cisco Collaboration Server? :confused:

PHP would be best as it has easily implemented maths and some nifty graphing capabilities.

Sorry, that was a spelling mistake, CSS was what i wanted to say :D