Psychiatrist's Quick Eyes

lucas8998

Hi,

Please could anyone tell me why a psychiatrist would suddenly start making quick eye movements, repeatedly in the same direction, whilst their patient is talking?

This is some kind of 'test' I assume. But what kind(s) of patient(s) would they do this with? Or to assertain what kind of information would they do it?

If you can tell me the name of the 'test,' if it has one, and any other information then that would be really great.

Thanks.

take it you've just been to see a psychiatrist then?

there could be a thousand and one reasons ranging from 'he kept glancing at the clock because he was wishing the session was over so he could go pee' to 'the psychiatrist himself was driven insane and was staring at a leprechaun telling him to set the patient on fire.'

i think you are reading waaaayyyyy to much into it.

He could have Azbergers syndrome, also known as "high functioning autism". Although he was probably just thinking of boobies!, or just thinking. Did you know visual perception accounts for up to 25 percent of our processing power (brian use). He could have just been giving you your moneys worth.:D

A friend of my daughter starts blinking rapidly whenever she's stressed or really tired. Perhaps the psychiatrist just thought of something that stressed him out momentarily.

What exactly were these "quick eye movements, repeatedly in the same direction"? Was it like there was something he was looking over at again and again, or was it more like those little eye movements we do when we're thinking of something else, trying to recall it accurately? Did you follow the direction he was looking at to see if there was something there?

I tend to agree with everyone else though. You may be reading too much into it.