Desktop vs Laptop: Which do you prefer?

I_Pwn_Crackpots

Do you like desktop or laptop?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like desktop or laptop?

• Desktop
    • Laptop

Of desktops and laptops, which would you prefer, or which caters most to your needs. I personally prefer desktops because they are cheaper and much easier to work with, and much more easily upgradable, and tend to have better performance than laptops. As I am a hardcore gamer, that's very important. But, of course, you can do a great deal more with than just gaming (video's, work, calculator programs, security, memory space, etc.)

But, that's just me. What do you prefer?

I personally prefer desktops because they are cheaper and much easier to work with, and much more easily upgradable, and tend to have better performance than laptops.
I used to prefer desktops for all those reasons, but you just can't beat portability for all the other reasons mentioned.

In fact, when my last desktop fried on me (one month after the warranty expired), I took the extra monitor and now have it configured as an extended desktop for my laptop when I'm at my desk. Now I have work on one screen and SFN on the other. :D

I prefer a desktop for the simple fact that I try to get most of my house running through that sucker - music, gaming, movies, etc. etc. Once you have everything setup how you want it on a gig like that, the LAST thing you want to do is have to move anything.

Desktops are easier to work on hardware wise, but as long as you know what you're doing, notebooks are pretty much just as easy, but with more screws to remove!

There's a lot to be said for having one computer that you take everywhere with you. My desktop is my laptop and it pretty much goes everywhere I go.

I tend to farm out tasks for devices specific to them. I have a hacked XBox for movies, an AirPort Express for music, and a dedicated storage server with all my precious data.

Desktop. I spend many hours in front of a computer, and I like desktop screens and keyboards much better.

10 Key For the WIN! I hate the numbers above the keyboard, those are not Dudde Friendly.

by the by, bascule, how exactly did you hack an xbox for movies? I know a few people who've done some crazy stuff to their xbox (I know a guy who put ROMs for like every gaming system) - not sure what more you'd want for the movie side though?