"Typical astrophysicists"

Robin Hood

This is an attempt to capture a "typical" day in the life of two astrophysicists...

Not trying to "jazz things up" - just show people what it is like and why people love doing it!

The two people involved study gamma ray bursts... Would be interested to hear what people think?

This is an attempt to capture a "typical" day in the life of two astrophysicists...

Not trying to "jazz things up" - just show people what it is like and why people love doing it!

The two people involved study gamma ray bursts... Would be interested to hear what people think?

Sounds like a really great idea! "Day in the Life..." Astrophysicists have a good life. Fine new instruments in orbit like the gammaray and xray telescopes, new types of instrument on the ground like imaging Cherenkov and large cosmic ray arrays. And new data coming in every day! finding out both about the constituents of matter, under extreme conditions, and about the shape of the universe.

I'm having trouble getting the video, it stops and starts. so I have only watched a bit of it. Thanks for doing this! And also for telling us about it.

So I looked around and found a site with a lot of neat scientist videos

what the day to day life is like

and other things like a short about the chemical elements

award-winning site

http://www.test-tube.org.uk/

film-maker in residence at Nottingham Science City

and also working for the BBC. Really interesting

Nottingham U. just hosted the main annual quantum gravity conference for 2008. that put it on the map for me, if it wasnt already

OK, I just paused it and let it finish downloading and then turned it on again. Worked fine.

Hah! Brady shot the film on 11 September and then two days later the record setting 13 September Gammaray Burst occurred. and THEIR satellite (Swift) saw it. And it was the most distant GRB ever seen etc etc. Missed a historical moment by two days. Better that way, somehow. more normal :)

Edited by Martin
multiple post merged