Getting Published

erynna

Hi,

I recently completed and submitted my thesis and I have been thinking about seeing about getting it published.

I have never even attempted anything like this and I was wondering how to go about it and what I could do to increase my chances?

Thanks,

Erin

Shouldn't your thesis adviser know how to get something published in your field?

It basically is you submit your work to a journal that published papers on the topic that your paper is on. All the journals have the rules for submitting papers to them on their webpages or in their hard copies of the journals (i.e. there may be certain ways to cite papers, or a certain format, or a certain electronic format (MS Word vs. TeX) or a certain minumum or maximum length). Then, it gets refereed, and it is either accepted (usually with some minor or major revisions) or rejected.

Like I said, your thesis adviser should have some good ideas about what journals are a good fit for your work. At the very least, you should have some good ideas because you should know what journals you read the most papers from for your own work.

You presumably don't mean that you want it published in a journal, since no journal will take anything as lengthy as a PhD thesis. I am assuming you want it published as a book. Is this correct? If so, you have to approach an academic publisher.