effects of speed

Demosthenes

according to E=Mc2, if we traveled close to the speed of light then time around us would slow(by us i mean the one traveling) if this is true, then we could live far past our life expectancy (at least, from anothers point of view we would seem ancient) we could travel away from earth at a constant speed and then return then we would be able to skip decades, centuries and in some cases millenia.

Yes, relative to those who are moving more slowly, we would seem to live longer. However, in our own reference frame (from our own perspective) time would seem to pass normally.

Either way, did you have a question, or did you want to discuss something in particular?

more or less i was aiming at if it were possible to skip those amounts of time, i understand the toll of moving that fast, it would crush bones, but if we could get around that by canceling the force then we could have the most intelligent humans on the planet to live far longer and help the human race as a whole a lot longer. (with thier consent)

Yeah. Have you read about the twin paradox? It helped me understand the concept better.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/TwinParadox/twin_intro.html

Our story stars two twins, sometimes unimaginatively named A and B; we prefer the monikers Stella and Terence. Terence sits at home on Earth. Stella flies off in a spaceship at nearly the speed of light, turns around after a while, thrusters blazing, and returns. (So Terence is the terrestrial sort; Stella sets her sights on the stars.)

When our heroes meet again, what do they find?

More at link.

more or less i was aiming at if it were possible to skip those amounts of time, i understand the toll of moving that fast, it would crush bones, but if we could get around that by canceling the force then we could have the most intelligent humans on the planet to live far longer and help the human race as a whole a lot longer. (with thier consent)

There is no "crushing bones" toll for moving fast. I am moving very close to the speed of light relative to some cosmic ray, and I don't feel a thing from that. The effect would be in accelerating, at more than a few g's, to a high speed.

Probably don't need to preserve smart people this way — it's impractical, since you don't get the same output from them while they are traveling: if their dilation factor is 100, then their productivity drops to 1% of their normal output, all other things being the same. (They do a year's worth of work in 100 years of our time) We can make more smart people. We've done it before, and we'll do it again.

Probably don't need to preserve smart people this way — it's impractical, since you don't get the same output from them while they are traveling: if their dilation factor is 100, then their productivity drops to 1% of their normal output, all other things being the same. (They do a year's worth of work in 100 years of our time) We can make more smart people. We've done it before, and we'll do it again.

Then send the entire population away for a while and the smart people stay here and they do a 100 years work in one year of the population's time :D

Then send the entire population away for a while and the smart people stay here and they do a 100 years work in one year of the population's time :D

We'd rig the spaceships with Pauli Shore, Tom Arnold and Rosie O'Donnell on them to fly into the sun. Don't you watch the Simpsons?