Caprica

ydoaPs

I`m absolutely gunna watch it!

the only "Confusing" part for me about the whole thing is that in the Original BSG the Cylons were supposed to come from a Lizard-like race that died out.

Edited by YT2095

That's odd. I never watched the original, but I just assumed the basic concept was intact. From the wiki entry, it looks like there are a lot of the same names, but the cylons are definitely made by reptilians. What Mormon doctrine was in the original BSG?

I'm definitely going to check it out. I thought they said they were going for a "family" approach, which to me, translates to lack of edge and dynamics. One of the reasons I like BSG is because they put "people" into space, not card board characters that rattle off scientific lingo to sound smart and deep (Star Trek) and always do the right thing, and same ole same ole. If Caprica presents a stale, rehash of shallow character development and plot, I'm going to be disappointed.

But, I guess there's no reason to think that, right?

Dude! Hell's yeah, I'll be watching. It only said "coming soon" in the preview you shared, so I googled. The sucky part is that we have to wait at least another year, but damn, that should be cool.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/12/02/scifi-green-lights-caprica/

The series, which will focus on the the Earthlike planet of Caprica as two rival families deal with, among other topical issues, the broader implications of their society’s emerging artificial intelligence technology sector, is scheduled to debut in 2010.

“Caprica” will star Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Paula Malcomson and Polly Walker and will be set 50 years prior to “Battlestar”’s attack on human civilization by the Cylons.