Inverse property of differential calculus of F=Ma

MolecularEnergy

The same way you differentiate with respect to a specific variable, so you integrate with respect to a particular variable. Integrate with respect to what?

I really need to be shown. This is how i generally learn. But what if i show the differentiation of F=Ma, so you can see the operations i am using.

F=ma is just a way of representing the actual [math]F=m \frac{dv}{dt}[/math], or [math]F=m \frac{d^2x}{dt^2}[/math]

So.. you need to be more specific. Are you integrating with respect to dv/dt ? or dx/dt? or are you integrating with respect to mass (with a system of particles) ?

Why do I have a feeling we're being set up towards a specific answer which then you could talk about?

Look. You don't just differentiate or integrate in physics, it's meaningless. You need to take a specific problem and then pick the right mathematical tools of analysis.

Give us an example.. where did you encounter the problem where you need to integrate a force/mass?

Inverse relationship, as in

[math]F=ma \dashrightarrow m=F/a \dashrightarrow a=F/m[/math]

?

Or

[math]F=m\frac{dv}{dt} \dashrightarrow \int \frac{F}{m} dt = \int dv[/math]

Or... what? See, there are so many things you can do with this concept.. we need a bit more information to answer your question.

So it is basic algebraic manipulation, it speaks of?

Sorry, i know not much more, i am affraid... i wish there was some texbook, that simply took me through it.

It's not necessarily a basic manipulation... If I don't know more about what you intend on doing, i can't really answer.

There are textbooks about this, I personally have 3 just from previous courses.. look online, I'm sure there are online resources too.

Wait, I think I know what he's talking about (why is this so much like catch-phrase? >.<) Newton's Second Law: The acceleration an object undergoes when a constant force is applied thereto is directly proportional to the magnitude of the force and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. So the acceleration has an "inverse relationship" with the force and vice-versa. It is simple algebraic manipulation.

Wait, I think I know what he's talking about (why is this so much like catch-phrase? >.<) Newton's Second Law: The acceleration an object undergoes when a constant force is applied thereto is directly proportional to the magnitude of the force and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. So the acceleration has an "inverse relationship" with the force and vice-versa. It is simple algebraic manipulation.

Well, those are the f=ma -> m=f/a -> a=f/m I wrote above.. he seems to refer to integration/differentiation, though, and we need more details for that.