Skulls on Mars

ExtraSense

How old are you?

You are not trying to pick me up here, are you? :)

About physics, you probably will never know the names like quantum physics, theory of fields, electrodynamics, physics of solid state, nuclear physics, elementary particles physics, thermodynamics, and the rest of it that I had to learn just to get my degree.

:)

Damnit. You got me.

I told you I am not expecting an answer. I knew what I was saying.

Odds of you actually answering any of the questions that are being asked is about the same odds of someone traveling on mars and finding elephants lying in the sand.

And stop use so many smilies. Your low intelligence-arguments are offending our iq with or without those smilies.

I couldn't care less which words oyu know, budster. Physics, Biology and Science you OBVIOUSLY don't know. You need to understand that there's no ARGUMENT here. I'm not asking you "what you know" because I already KNOW you are lying. I can see it by what you're saying in your posts.

You're either 12 years old who got his first computer and gets all excited, or you're a serious bored dude who has nothing better to do than to troll scientific forums.

Your arguments are empty. I would be a smarter person when I figure out what it is you actually FIND in this forum. I would actually be surprised if you understand half of it.

~moo

by the way, sayo, it's true it's the pseudo forum, but pseudo has a nice phylosophy side to it. I love pseudoscience .I don't like watching threads go to waste.

But you're right.

And the only reason why I'm not surprised about him putting an effort is because I don't think he's intelligent enough to pay attention. Either that or he just doesn't care, which for his sake I hope it's the second one.

Personally, I don't care. I think I'll add this one to my ignore list too.

An idiot doesn't deserve my typing time.

So far he's been amusing, so I'm just waiting to see when I'm fed up and it's all getting old, and then I'll leave it be.

~moo

I hear what you're saying mooeypoo, but I'm just trying to force the idea of a scientific debate into ExtraSense by constantly telling him about the scientific reasoning behind his assumptions. I know it's probably not going to get anywhere, but I'm making one more shot at it at least (probably the last, as I'm not going to get anywhere). :/

This is the funniest one: you even do not understand, that cells of Martian plants are being formed on Mars, consequently they have internal pressure equal to the pressure of Mars atmosphere
Thanks very much for your answer, as it involves at least some science. You've admitted that life would be different on Mars than on Earth. This is quite some progress.

However, as Sayonara3 pointed out, if that is the case (which is most likely), your own explanation disagrees with the observations of every one of your pictures. Do you really mean to suggest that a plant with fundamentally altered cell structures would still be the same as ones on Earth? Not just for plants but for animals as well?

If a plant developed to survive in these conditions, the internal structure would be radically altered. The cell walls and membranes would be stronger, and phloem and xylem tubes would need to be thicker or more durable to reduce the amount of water and sugars lost due to vaporisation under the low pressures. The atmosphere of Mars is tinted red/pink, so the leaves might be coloured blue/green to collect it more efficiently. Planet-wide dust storms would lead to natural selection favouring plants that did not reproduce via berries, which would otherwise be destroyed as they were torn up and smashed against rocks. The stomata would need to be smaller to reduce the amount of water lost and dust that enters the leaf, so as a result the amount of photosynthesis occuring would be less. Lower gravity might allow stalk height and leaf shape/size to be greater (thus affecting the way in which berries grow and the nutrients they contain) but these plants would not survive in dust storms as they would be torn apart too easily.

I've drawn those ideas from what I learned about plants in my A-Level Environmental Science, which I did almost a year ago (no Biology GCSE or A-Level, and even then, this is stuff of a grade that anyone who knew anything more about biology would laugh at for being so basic, I'm sure). The point is this: once you have accepted that fundamental biology on Mars would be radically different from that on Earth, it is not logical to assume that it would look the same, in any way shape or form. Given that you accept their cells are different, how do you explain those further contradictions?

Also, about those "names" of physics you listed, I do believe we covered just about every one of those in some form in A-Level physics (pre-university). I'm sure mooeypoo does too, as according to his profile he's got a degree in the subject. What I'd like to know is what all this has to do with cell biology.

I was told that even prostitutes in Israel are polite. You must improve your manners, otherwise you will not be able to get a job :)

Before you were just a babbling fool.

Now you are starting to annoy me.