Against Gay Marriage?

ydoaPs

Seriously, though, it's not like anyone is being forced to marry someone of their own gender.

The problem is the only manner I could possibly theorize on the matter would result in observations some people would find highly offensive.

I don't want to offend anyone and have tried exhaustively to find other explanations to give "the anti crowd" the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't get any to add up. On top of that, every time someone who is anti gay marriage tries to make their case as to why there is solid reasons for banning it the result is at least one of us is offended.

The only real reasons I've been able to identify stem from either

1) traditions

2) religions

3) social engineering

The first two are the hardest to discuss because they are "sacred cows" that cannot be criticized and the third seems just born out of the fear we'll all stop breeding if we allow gay marriage, or some insulation from the sheer degree of damage these laws do to homosexual couples.

All in all it seems almost impossible to have a civil conversation on the topic.

All in all it seems almost impossible to have a civil conversation on the topic.

Screw you, Jebus hater! You and your ilk are so intolerant and disrespectful! We CAN have civil conversations on the topic, and if you think otherwise then you're a pitiful lost soul and you'll burn for all eternity with the other heathens and godless masses!!

With kindest regards,

:D

<hmm... I probably should have misspelled something for effect>

Kidding aside, we came very close to civility in this thread where the focus was primarily on constitutionality.