Homework on your computer?

1nc4rnation

In the interest of saving time doing assignments and such on my computer, I was thinking of getting something to help me complete it faster. What I have in mind is:

Because I need pencil and paper to write, especially when im drawing diagrams, but when i can type a lot faster than i can write with my hand, not to mention writers cramp. So I was thinking if i could add some sort of peripheral to my computer which basically lets me write on a tablet with a pen, similar to what illustrators use to draw images in photoshop or illustrator.

This would allow you to type your words quickly and then draw diagrams using your hand - cutting down the time you spend doing your homework and freeing up time for you to go after the good stuff like experimenting.. or whatever else.

Does anyone know if a solution like that exists? And if it will work with something like Microsoft word? For, say, less than 300 dollars?

Links or names of products would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!