Iraqi Torture

Tesseract

The few people that commited the torture didnt represent the whole army.But I think a US general would.The new case with Gen. Ricardo S. Sanchez.Hes acused by another officer Capt. Donald J. Reese that he and other senoirs participated in the abuse and new of it.

Here are some sites:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/23/abuse.sanchez.ap/index.html

and

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/CE3E5873-6B9B-4F02-82FE-63BBBD4F713D.htm

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capt. Robert Shuck, represents Staff Sgt. Ivan L. "Chip" Frederick II, one of seven members of the 372nd Military Police Company facing criminal charges for abusing Iraqi inmates. Reese is the company commander.

So he's being accused by the defense lawyer for one of the abusers, big suprise there.

U.S. military officials have said there is no evidence that Sanchez or other senior military officers were aware of the prisoner abuse while it was happening.

Seriously though, stop trying to make out the whole army to be what it's not. Every tree has bad fruit and even some bad branches. Thats why we employ a gardener.

What happens if he isn't a bad fruit and they are lies?

I support what Blike says, I mean, look at Vietnam. Supposedly troops put bombs in coke bottles and gave them to kids, who took them into enemy encampments and were blown up (by the bottle).

The army breeds an odd sort of individual. If your trained to kill, and implement that training it a variety of countrys, it leads to an odd mindset. If a person can't reconcile what they do with who they once were, they can become detached from normality.

That's my nice way of saying the Army breeds tw@ts. Civil enough on the outside, seething masses of anger on the inside. I know a couple of high ranking ones, and to be honest they are they guys who get the job done.

I know a couple of high ranking ones, and to be honest they are they guys who get the job done.

The problem is these angry people that should be speaking with therapists are commanding armies to kill people.To me that presents a problem.

Some of the accused soldiers have said they were under orders to "soften up" prisoners before interrogation.

Whether or not that is torture depends on your definition, but it certainly makes me wonder what the interrogations themselves would have been like.

The definition of torture is:#

1. infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.

2. An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.

# Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.

# Something causing severe pain or anguish.

I think they were torturing.

I was thinking more along the lines of whether a sustainable legal case could be made.

You know; in the court hearings you were posting about? Don't tell me you forgot the topic of your own thread :P

The definition of torture is:#

1. infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.

2. An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.

# Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.

# Something causing severe pain or anguish.

I think they were torturing.

I'm afraid it's not really seen that way. I don't know what your aware of in terms of prison ethics, but both Turkey and France have prisoners who would be happy to swap establishments.

I was thinking more along the lines of whether a sustainable legal case could be made.

You know; in the court hearings you were posting about? Don't tell me you forgot the topic of your own thread :P

I dont think that torture should ever be used in interrogation.