Help for member jordan

blike

Does anyone else have a problem where threads are not flagged as "read" after you read them? Anyone know what may be causing this?

So far we've eliminated cookies and "sessions" as the trouble, but I don't really know what else it could be? I forget what browser he said he uses.

Any suggestions?

Wow, blike. I saw the subject for the thread and thought I was in some kind of trouble or someone was really mad at me for something I said. I was just reading the thread about why Truelove was banned and seeing the title just made me a little nervous.

Anyway, I thought I'd say thanks for any help anyone could give since the thread is for me.

post your browser specs for us :D

You said you use IE right? What version? Click on the Help menu item up top, then "About IE" and it should give you the version number, etc.

Live news update:

I'm on a new computer in an enitrely different building. I was searching the forums and had no problem searching in my usual way. The links cleared as "read" instead of their usual "unread". Unfortunatly, I wasn't logged on under my username. As soon as I logged on, it didn't work. This leads me to beleive the error is somewhere under my user on the server, but as you all know, I'm not any sort of computer genius. Just thought I'd let you know.

Live news update:

I'm on a new computer in an enitrely different building. I was searching the forums and had no problem searching in my usual way. The links cleared as "read" instead of their usual "unread". Unfortunatly' date=' I wasn't logged on under my username. As soon as I logged on, it didn't work. This leads me to beleive the error is somewhere under my user on the server, but as you all know, I'm not any sort of computer genius. Just thought I'd let you know.[/quote']Awesome! I figured it out because of that info. In your CP you have specified to show newest posts first, and older posts last. Thus, your thread is inverted from the way the rest of us view it. For some reason this doesn't flag posts as "read". Click here: http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

and then scroll down to "Thread Display Mode" and change it to "Linear - Oldest First".

That should fix your problem. It might be wierd if you're used to newest threads at the top, but vBulletin automatically takes you to the last post read so you don't have to scroll through the whole thread every time. Just remember to scroll up for older posts instead of down.

Let me know if this fixes it :)

Thanks blike. All is well again. I changed it before because it was easier to get back to the top of the page when I was done reading the thread. Now everytime you guys refrence the "post above" it will actualy be above the one I'm reading. Thanks again.