Yellow Light & Your Eyes

radhika5

I came across an interesting research on the harmful effects of yellow light of CFLs. Guess it’s time for us to move to LED lamps as they are not only good for eyes but energy efficient too. I would love to share a new study lamp launched by BPL that is certified by Sankara Nethralaya-India’s foremost eye hospital. Check it out at:

http://www.studylite.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=25&cid=cm

Haven't checked the link, but when I am making wafers in the cleanroom there is only yellowish light (for avoid photoexposure of the resist). If it is really harmful I am probably screwed (that and everything appears to be blue....).

Yes,actually I had read an article talking about ill effects of yellow light on individuals especially new born babies..So, I thought that this is the right time to replace CFLs for LEDs.BPL has come out with very good options.

You can check more about the information at:

http://www.studylite.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=24&cid=cm

This isn't the only forum on which someone is franticaly trying to plug that product.Also I don't see any evidence for the claim that yellow light is bad for your eyes or, come to that, that CFLs generate a lot of yellow light.

The only CFLs that I have looked at through a spectroscope emit little or no yellow light - they rely on red and green emisions (together with blue of course) to produce light that looks white.

So, overall, it seems to me that this is not just a spam advert, but a dishonest one.