I need an email client!

blike

It has to be free (open source or freeware) and good. I'm sick of outlook express.

What do you all use?

Oh good lord. Outlook express = bumspawn of satan.

I use Outlook 2003 for WinXP (mozilla builds annoy me), and Kmail under Linux.

I have like a zillion pop and IMAP accounts though and Mozilla doesn't handle that quite so well.

Security in 2003 has been beefed up to the max, and it actually handles IMAP properly now.

What part of the layout?

If we're thinking of the same one (I have the one bundled with MS Office 2003), the messages are displayed on the right hand side with a list of messages in the middle, and I don't really like that layout.

If we're thinking of the same one (I have the one bundled with MS Office 2003), the messages are displayed on the right hand side with a list of messages in the middle, and I don't really like that layout.

View > Reading Pane > Right/Bottom/Off

With "off" being the sensible option ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Try Mozilla Thunderbird, it's rather good.

I downloaded the latest build of that today, so I'll let you know when I have given it a whirl.

Also got the new builds of M and firefox - that web developer plugin for firefox is fkin delicious.

That's not hard, what with Outlook Express being the worst e-mail client available ;)

I am impressed with the latest build of Thunderbird :thumbsup:

Completely painless and super-fast import of Outlook 2003 settings and mail was a shocker. Intelligent junk capturing and HTML sanitisation was the icing on the cake.