Canadian/ International Academic Competitions

Theophrastus

Hey, out of interest, does anyone know of any science- related contests/ competitions (particularly in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, invention or general sciences(theoretical and experimental)) that a Canadian high school student can participate in? (Whether national or international (or municipal, if it's one of the larger cities ie. Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver) While I have specified some of my preferences I'm pretty open to anything that can be found. Thanks in advance, :)

-theo :cool:

ps: Age isn't an issue either, as I only begin next year, so I'm open to a rather broad spectrum.

Their is the Chemistry Olympiad and Physics Olympiad in the United States. The US program is designed to find high school students to compete on the US National team at the international competition, so I would assume their is a similar competition in Canada.

From first hand participation the Chemistry Olympiad is ridiculously hard, but you seem to have a gift with chemistry.

Here is a link to the Canadian Chemistry and Physics Olympiad.

Edited by DJBruce