Funky Colour Blindness Filter

Sayonara

It's not pointless at all, it's a vital tool for web developers.

Try looking at sites that have lots of red and green with the "Protan" filter on, or ones that use colour alone to convey important information, and you will see what I mean.

Hmm, thats interesting.Yet pointless.

It's very, very, very, very far from pointless. I'm colourblind and have faced the question "what colour is that?" for my whole life.

Now I can finally show people how I see the world and they can gain some understanding of what it's like.

Consider also that most LED indicators change from red to green to indicate whether something is on/active and sites like these may possibly help the design "gurus" who perpetuate this choice in electronics and throughout computer hardware and software to sort it out.

1 in 30 males is red green colourblind so it's a lot more common than people think.

Maybe they'll consider this when they decide that a tiny LED that changes between the worst possible choice of colours is a good thing. Or a site where green and red are used to indicate different states?

FAT CHANCE - it's just not cool to use blue and green or red and yellow is it?

Hmm, the age old color/colour debate.

Well here's something that you might not like if you don't like U's.

The american dictionary recognises the word COLOUR. Definition is here http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=colour&x=18&y=8 (note it says CHIEFLY British so it is an American word).

Whereas the Oxford English dictionary does not recognise the word COLOR. The Cambridge dictionary does come up with a result but only to say that it's a US word - http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=15017&dict=CALD

So, to technically be correct on an international forum the word COLOUR should be chosen over COLOR as it is recognised both by the English and the American dictionaries as a native word.

Sounds logical enough, but you know what doesn't sound logical? Color spelled with a U!!! :D

Addition of U's to words like: Colour, flavour, etc, was always told(at least to me) that it is an International English. It is used everywhere Except in the USA.

I wonder though, did anybody check out the linky I posted???

Its also used in Canada:

colour... :P

Last time I checked, Canada was Not part of USA. Which would mean it will be covered by the phrase "Everywhere except USA", or wouldn't it? :confused:

But on a side note, some people, including myself think that USA should simply annex Canada as it's 51st state, since right now it's(Canada) neither here nor there. :P

Addition of U's to words like: Colour, flavou[/b']r, etc, was always told(at least to me) that it is an International English. It is used everywhere Except in the USA.

Surely you mean "the USA is the only country that removes U's from English"?

I'm with you on things like "thru" (because as Mr Izzard says, we should be saying it "thruff").

But without the u in there, color should be pronounced "co-lore", which it clearly isn't. And what's with 'aluminum'?