Odd things are happening!

Cap'n Refsmmat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it's firefox trying to be funny.

Cap'n - off home in about 10 mins so I'll have an answer for you in an hour or so.

Just a wild guess - are the threads you see this on ones that display the "you have posts in this thread" icon (envelope with arrow) at the far left?

One odd thing I noticed while we're on the subject:

I log on and read all the forums and then leave. When I come back, all the ones I just read are marked unread again. The next time I log on, the very first ones are marked read, but the ones from the second time are marked unread, even though I read them. And so on. It's really no big deal though. If anyone has a quick solution (or can even understand what I just said) that would be nice. No need to worry or waste time on it.

Hmm. There's been a couple of mentions of problems with the read system, perhaps it's to do with browsers.

I find it quite annoying that even after I've read all the topics in a forum, I have to then go back to the forum that they were written in before it indicates the forum is read on the main page.

I just use "New posts / mark all posts read" from the quick menu and it works fine.

The problems that appear with the 'marked read' system are usually cookie-related. If your browser is set to only store cookies per session, that will create problems.

In other news I have not been able to replicate Refsmmat's problem so either (a) he is hallucinating or (b) it's his installation of Ff.

In other news I have not been able to replicate Refsmmat's problem so either (a) he is hallucinating or (b) it's his installation of Ff.

Hmmm... I use version .9. Only extension I downloaded seperately (yet) was Single Window.

And to clarify, this is when I mouse over the title of a thread.

Quite odd.

Several times in the last few weeks I have tried to respond to email notifications re threads I have subscribed to and found there is either no thread to follow or the thread is missing several posts. Today it happened again at 7:54 am MDT re the thread "Odd Things Are Happening" (which is about these very instances). The thread is completely gone, as are several others. I checked "The Official Jokes Section" thread and the last joke posted is for 6-9-04 at 4:46 am MDT.

Also, when I open a thread from the link in my email notification it opens TWO windows. This may be a function of Firefox, which I just switched to from IE, but it doesn’t happen from any other links.

I finally have gotten on at 1pm MDT to post this. I also posted this with the Webmaster.

Perhaps there is something in common between our computers and such. What are you running? I have XP home' date=' running firefox.

Or maybe it's with the IP or ISP.[/quote']XP Home, Firefox 0.9 (just since yesterday, and I had these problems with IE), Comcast cable Internet. As far as the "and such", I'm facing west, my nose itches and I'm wearing a white button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up.