Classical music

Dave

u should definitely get some rachmaninoff or rachmaninov (whichever way u wanna spell it). try rach's 3rd piano concerto. and his rhapsody on the theme of paganini is just magnificent. get some of his preludes of piano as well. the no.5 in g minor is just too good.

if u can, get the whole set of preludes and fugues of bachs well tempered klavier book 1.

Brahms Rhapsody in G minor and B minor are good. His piano writing isnt amazing, but very nice. I would call it "orchestral" style. his variations of the paganini caprice are also mind blowing.

I am not particularly aquainted with chamber music, but i know that schubert and mozart have particularly good stuff in that area.

if u like classical guitar music, then get the guitar concerto's by mauro giuliani. and some solo guitar works by Fernando Sor and Francisco Taregga, and Mangore.

For piano. chopin and liszt are a must. recommend listening to anything by them.

J.S,Bachs Toccata and Fugue in D minor, as well as Mussorgskis Night on bare mountain, Beethovens Moonlight Sonnata.

those are 3 of my faves, if you don`t already have them, Holst "the Planets" is cool too, as well as the "Hebrew slaves" peice :))

there`s a peice by George Gershwin also (can`t rem the name) I`ll try get back to you on that one :)

this may not be 100% Jazz but he does do some peices that are what I`de class as Jazz, try Glen Miller, his stuff is so excellent too, esp his late 1940`s and early 50`s work! :)

the YT rates him big time :))

oh yeah, and look out for a tape or CD called "Love and Sax", it`s absolutely great in late summer in early night time with a beer and a fine woman, while you overlook the lights from your balcony (you may not have one but were top floor here, and so it`s nice).

but hey, make your own mood/setting, it`s a lovely tape, and I think you`ll like it :))

Can't stand rap; I can't understand why record companies give these people so much money to make songs that aren't even selling well anymore because they sound exactly the same.

Can't stand rap; I can't understand why record companies give these people so much money to make songs that aren't even selling well anymore because they sound exactly the same.

They do sell pretty well, but the record companies aren't famed for their intuition.

I think it was very silly of them to sit around refusing to allow licenses for legal download sites for years, causing more and more people to just go ahead and pirate the stuff anyway. I'll freely admit that I haven't bought a song in years, because they're just too expensive.

I think it was very silly of them to sit around refusing to allow licenses for legal download sites for years, causing more and more people to just go ahead and pirate the stuff anyway. I'll freely admit that I haven't bought a song in years, because they're just too expensive.

The main problem is they don't realise it's a competition between 'illegal downloading' and 'buying music'; more people would buy music if it was cheaper, easier, or at least sponsered by a less evil organisation.

I consider "Rap" as a type of modern poetry (some of it`s quite inteligent!) although I can`t stand it either, and it grates on my nerves and makes me wanna shoot some mofo LOL :)

I can`t deny that it does have a place somewhere (where I don`t know, but I`m sure it does). :)

Booyaka Shaaaaah, da YT is Wicked and dead sorted geezer !