Several questions...

Freeman

1) Who owns scienceforums.com?

2) Where do we talk about architecture?

3) Can I give myself a custom title?

4) What is the ranking system? Like I'm a quark now, but what will I become?

5) What is a paid subscription?

1) Who owns scienceforums.com?

Do you mean scienceforums.net? If so, blike.

2) Where do we talk about architecture?

This forum

3) Can I give myself a custom title?

For now, that's reserved for mods, but voice you oppinion here

4) What is the ranking system? Like I'm a quark now, but what will I become?

Here

5) What is a paid subscription?

No idea.

Happy reading.

Paid subscription is an idea we're toying with; i.e. you pay something ridiculously cheap like $2/month or something, and then get things like custom titles, glowing usernames, etc.

hang on. some pple in the third world have an annual income of less than $2. wouldn't it be better for humanity that we give the $2 to the pple who need it than to waste it on trivialities of life.

Two things:

1) This is only an idea at the moment - nothing has really been set up. Don't bite my head off just yet.

2) There are such things as server costs to consider here. blike currently eats the bill, and I think considering we use up so much of his bandwidth, people might want to be able to donate a bit of money a month and get something back in return, if nothing but just to help blike out.

I don't think that's what group memberships are. :P

MrL & Freeman know each other?

I was wondering if you guys would consider switching from VB to phpBB?

Afterall, phpBB is free. :)

phpBB won't be able to compete with vBulletin for large forums until version 2.2 is released, and considering they only just started on M3 that won't be for a while yet.

2.1 has been under development for what, 2 years? imo the development's drying up, god knows how long it'll be until 2.4.

^ Why is that?

Because the admin tools and permissions system for version 2.1 of phpBB just aren't anywhere near good enough, whereas the admin and mod tools for VB are very well-developed.

The previews of the new phpBB admin system look very encouraging though.