Going out on a limb with parallel universes, gravitons and probability expansion!

rrw4rusty

Forgive me for stumbling through this a bit... or using slightly incorrect terms.

Somewhere, 5 miles underground in an old iron mine 2 scientists are playing ping-pong while they wait for a graviton to appear and then vanish supposedly proving that parallel or alternate universes exist. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

My understanding is that it is believed that gravity is shared by parallel (and/or alternate?) universes -- I don't know ‘why’ this would be but, let’s assume there are strong reasons. After all someone has spent a lot of money to look for a graviton and see if it leaves our universe and enters another. Okay… set this aside for a moment.

One type of parallel/alternate universe is based on the waves of probability seen at the subatomic level. Extending this out, every choice or alternate event that can take place, HAS taken place in one of these parallel/alternate universes. For instance, in one such universe a 6 mile rock took a slightly different path and the KT event never happened and so, T-Rex is standing right next to you (or in the same place!). As each Planck passes, each and every sub-atomic particle within our enormous universe plus each of the already God-zillion number of alternate universes, explodes into almost infinite waves of probability creating an almost infinite number of additional alternate universes and this has been happening for 14 billion years!!! At least according to this particular alternate universe theory (lets not even consider the additional alternate or parallel universes that ‘could’ exist!).

Let’s return to that ‘shared’ gravity we set aside. If I have any of this right, wow, that shared gravity must be spread pretty thin by now. Where is all this matter and energy coming from? How come we can’t see any of this? At this point I should stop and have the experts out there tell me where I have this wrong because if this is correct, this is quite unbelievable! No wonder the universe is expanding at an ever increasing runaway pace!

From the armchair,

Ron

I guess you mean something like what Dr. Lisa Randall proposes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warped_Passages

http://www.warpedpassages.com/

Three of the four fundamental forces (the Weak and Strong nuclear forces and Electromagnetism) are each thousands of times stronger than the last fundamental force, gravity. Randall explored whether it was possible that gravity was leaking out of the universe, perhaps into the theoretical extra compacted dimensions of string theory. However, none of the math worked. Then one day she had an epiphany. Perhaps gravity is leaking into our universe from a huge, nearby dimension. To her surprise, the math worked. Now all she and her proponents have to do is come in from the limb and prove it.

:D